Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Introducing: Duane Beckett!


Greetings from Duane! by MYescape

BIOGRAPHICAL STUFF


What nicknames did you have growing up? Chunk or Becks. It became Becks as I lost the ability to do the truffle shuffle (aka Chunk from the Goonies)

What is one of your favorite birthday memories? I can’t think of any. That is pretty sad in all honesty… Although the later years have probably been blocked out from obsessive drinking.


What was the name of your primary school? Stow Heath Junior School.

What was your favorite subject as a child? Why? None, I hated school although my primary school English teacher use to enjoy my flights of fantasy in regards to my stories.


GEEKY STUFF


How many games do you own? No idea, I have around 30 in front of my but that doesn’t even come close to what I own or owned.

What’s the largest game design document you’ve completed for a project? A funded project, probably around 150 pages (only casual games). My OWN largest project is for an MMORPG that’s around 600 pages covered eight documents I think. That does not include quests.


Do you prefer games on PC or console? I feel more creativity is going on in the PC casual market than anywhere else, but I’ll say consoles… for now!


What constitutes a great game for you? The feeling that I don’t want to put the pad down.


Have you ever waited in line for more than half hour for something geeky? What was it? Just one thing? The first that springs to mind was the Gamecube… Oh and the first Xbox… Oh and… No that’s enough hehe.


LOCAL FLAVOR STUFF


Where’s the best placed to have meat in England? Meat? What? Erm, meat? Lol. Pass.

Where do you prefer to buy your clothing? Online stores, I’m not one for cloth shopping in actual stores… Changing rooms and the crazies where I live don’t go together well lol.


What time of the year has the best weather? Autumn or winter. I like the colour or Autumn but the smile winter puts on my daughters face.


Please name a business in the area that has a funny name. SHAAT clothing store


What’s the traffic like where you live? It’s not so bad, until you get on the roads.


GAMING STUFF


What is your earliest gaming memory? A submarine attack game which was basically blocks shooting at other blocks, which you played on a block while holding a block controller. Thank god for design.


Have you ever thrown and/or broken a controller in a fit of rage? Yes, three times a month at least.


What game had you built up the most hype about in your head but failed to meet your expectations? Where do I start? Metal Gear Solid 4 killed me, you watch more than you play and people had the cheek to complain about Heavy Rain? Oh halo 3 sucked too.


What’s the longest gaming session you’ve ever had? Probably back in my world of please lord put me downcraft days. That game is like cocaine for the casual gaming generation. I can’t say how long it was but it probably shaved the minutes to two days (40+ hours).


Which do you prefer: games that require leveling up or pure attribute increases? I prefer a game that gets me involved. I don’t mind the manner in which it does that, so the system behind advancement is not important to me. Heck I don’t mind if there is no advancement.


UNRELATED STUFF


If you were a spy, what would be your codename? RickyGoVicky… People may see why in the future.


For how long do you think Matthew McConaughey could hold his breath? Do you think he would be good at acting as if he were holding his breath? He’s not good at acting! So if that was reversed, he simply cannot stop exhaling he is that bad.


Please list five words beginning with the letters “pr” that describe you. Prick, Prat… I only know those words beginning with pr… I’m definitely not proud or private… Oh can I slip an I inbetween them and be a pirate… Ooooh haaaa me hearties!!!!


If you were a hybrid animal, what would you be? Part fish, part duck. I would be a fu…… No hang on lol. Part chimp who has been experimenting with mind altering substances and part chimp who has been experimenting with mind altering substances… hehe


In five minutes, using only your mouse and Microsoft Paint, draw your best version of you as that animal.



No comments:

Post a Comment